Moving in with a roommate can be stressful to help with that stress we’ve compiled a list of Questions to ask your roommate
A lot of the time, you’re going to have questions about how things work and what’s expected from both parties. You don’t want to make assumptions or ask something that might seem weird or rude.
Here are all of the most important questions you should ask your new roommate! These will help avoid awkwardness and unnecessary arguments later on down the road.
This Post Is All About Questions To Ask Your Roommate.
1. Where are your from?
2. What is your major?
3. Are you an early bird or night owl?
4. Why did you choose this school/college?
5. Do you play any sports?
6. What sort of career do you want to have?
7. In 5 years, where do you want to be?
8. Why did you choose your major?
9. What’s the status of your class schedule? Do you have any early or late classes? (This is an excellent opportunity to compare schedules.)
10. If Greek Life is popular at your institution, you may inquire if you’re being rushed?
11. Any brothers or sisters?
12. What was the most enjoyable holiday you’ve ever experienced?
13. What qualities do you look for in a friend?
14. When do you usually take showers, morning or night? (This is more crucial if you’re sharing a bathroom.)
15. Do you have any pets?
16. What’s the most interesting fact about you?
17. Have you ever shared a room with anyone else?
18. What is the name of your style: fashion, decor, or otherwise?
19. Which colors are you most drawn to?
20. Who would you want to spend the day with if you could choose anybody?
21. The Best Broadway Play?
22. Favourite Disney channel show?
23. What do you like to do in your spare time?
24. What’s your favorite color? (make sure to keep this response in mind for future reference. It will come in handy if you need to get them a gift.)
25. Are you a participant in any sports at our institution??
26. What are your typical social activities? Do you intend to drink or party? This is a question that may be distasteful to ask, but it’s crucial to know. It’s always the greatest policy to be open and honest with your roommates.
27. Whats your favorite show and movie?
28. Go to snack?
29. Any allergies or dietary restrictions?
30. What are some of your pet peeves?
31. Do you enjoy reading for pleasure?
32. Do you enjoy crafting?
33. Introvert or extrovert?
34. Is it important to you to live in a clean and organized environment?
35. Are you more concerned or enthusiastic about life in a dorm/roommate?
36. What are your feelings on alcohol and drugs? (Obviously, neither drugs nor alcohol is something you should participate in while at college, but it’s vital to understand where each stands.)
37. What are some of your favorite places to shop?
38. Do you use a nightlight or go completely dark when sleeping?
39. Do you need the sound of the tv or radio to fall asleep?
40. What is your idea of the ideal day?
41. Do you look forward to putting the finishing touches on our dorm room?
42. Have you decided whether or not you’ll work while in college?
43. Do you have a good relationship with your family?
44. Do you believe you will get homesick?
45. Your zodiac sign?
46. Any tattoos, if not would you like one?
47. Summer or Winter person?
48. A surprising fact about you?
49. What are you most looking forward to during your first year of college?
50. Do you have a preference for which residence hall to attend?
51. Favorite type of music?
52. Craziest thing you’ve ever done?
53. Favorite memory?
54. What are you most worried about related to college life?
55. Do you have a favorite podcast that you listen to?
56. What is your #1 book recommendation?
57. Who do you look too for inspiration?
58. Do you enjoy walking?
59. Do you intend on attend school sporting events?
60. Do you know how to manage your finances?
61. What is the most significant expenditure for you?
62. Do you enjoy being outside?
63. Who is your favorite YouTuber?
64. What films and series do you enjoy?
65. Do you have a favorite childhood memory?
66. What is your favorite feature?
67. What is your ideal first date?
68. Are you involved in a relationship?
69. Do you use social media?
70. What would make me a good roommate?
71. Go to candy? (remember this answer for a gift too!)
72. When is your birthday? (If you don’t want to forget your roomie’s birthday, write it down..)
73. Tea or Coffe ?
74. Do you intend to join any clubs?
75. What are your study habits, and where do you study most often? More likely to study in our room or elsewhere, such as the library?
76. What time do you prefer to have lights off?
77. Have you begun college shopping, and what colors are you using for your decorations?
78. Would you like to share some items to save money?
79. Favorite foods?
80. Where would you want to go if you could go anywhere?
81. Do you intend to spend a lot of time at home on weekends?
82. Is it all right with you if friends drop by? (My roommates and I were fine with having visitors in our room but had a time limit for them to depart, so speak to your roommate about establishing a visiting hours.)
83. What are you self-conscious about?
84. Tell me more about your high school buddies?
85. Did you have a good time in high school?
86. Did you participate in any extra-curricular activities while you were in high school?
87. Who is the most essential person in your life?
88. What does a perfect weekend entail to you?
89. What is your ideal daily routine?
90. What should we do if things don’t go as planned? (Be open and honest, being passive-aggressive, or keeping things bottled up will get you nowhere.)
91. Do you have any hidden talents??
92. Do you have a hobby that no one else has?
93. Do you like to collect anything?
94. What was your favourite childhood book?
95. How important is faith to you?
96. What is your approach to stress??
97. Any of your friends already go to our college/university?
98. Was this school your first choice when you applied?
99. Do you want bunk beds, lofted, elevated, or low beds?
100. What superpower would you want if you could have any?
101. Do you have anything else to say about yourself?
103. Besides getting a degree is there any other reason you wanted to attend college?
104. What is your definition of self-care and how do you practice it?
105. Do you make your bed when you wake up?
106. Are you planning to study abroad?
107. What do your parents do?
108. What’s your dream job?
109. What is your favorite holiday?
110. Who is your favorite fictional character and why?
111. What is your favorite animal?
112. Dog or Cat person?
113. Country person or a city person?
114. Are you bringing a car to campus
115. How do you feel about overnight guests?
116. What do you enjoy doing for fun?
The questions provided above should give you a good start to figuring out what your roommate likes and dislikes.
You may find that you have more in common than you initially thought, or perhaps the opposite will happen–you’ll realize how different you are! Either way, it’s important to know these things before moving into a dorm room with someone else.
This Post Was All About Questions To Ask Your Roommate
Other Posts You May like:
These are so useful! Although I’m in my second year of uni, with covid it has been hard to meet people. I’m awful with small talk so I’ll be bookmarking this page for future reference x